Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The near future...

Welpt, booked some tickets yesterday to head to Minnesota to see Josh, Big Al and Jasper. They are closing on a house at the end of April so that'll be neat that we'll be there the first weekend of May to see the house and the little monster. I've never been to Minnesota before but I've seen pictures...it looks cold. Hopefully the first of May won't be too bad.
In sports news, the Orioles are now 4-0 which is their best start in many, many moons. It might be nice this year to have a team to pull for that might actually win at something. It's too bad I won't be at Camden Yards to see them live this year, but I did purchase MLB.TV so I can actually watch them.
As far as extreme sports go, I went ice skating for the first time on Sunday which was pretty neat. Yes, I was pretty bad at it, but not as bad as I was at snowboarding. I fell on the ice once pretty hard and as I was lying there I couldn't help but wonder why in the tarnation someone would want to go gallivanting around on the ice in tights or a skirt. Call me crazy, but falling on  ice hurts. Whether it happens while you are strapped to a board and flying uncontrollably down a hill or strapped to a boot sitting on 1/16th of an inch of metal, when you hit the ice, it hurts.Speaking of hurts, I watched the movie "127 hours" the other day. Dude. Guy gets his arm trapped under a rock while he's out being dumb in the dessert and then he cuts his arm off to get free. Good for him. Had I been out being dumb in the desert (by myself) and got my hand trapped like that, I would have been like, "PEACE OUT." And then died.
I guess that's why I'm not an extreme sports kinda guy. Which you already know because I classified ice skating as an extreme sport. Don't judge me. 

1 comment: